I am also passionate about social justice issues, especially providing equity-oriented care within the mental health settings, and energized about making Psychotherapy and Creative Arts Therapy accessible to BIPOC and LGTBQIA+ communities.
Together, we'll explore the themes that might be appearing in your life story. I use talk therapy, mindfulness, somatic techniques, art making, DBT, and CBT interventions in sessions. If art & music making are uncomforable for you, we can stick to talk therapy. Together we will co-create spaces where you can safely explore your beliefs and patterns in order to bring about change and healing.
I work with adults and adolescents who need support navigating challenges, including but not limited to managing anxiety, depression and major life events or transitions. Alongside talk therapy I specialize in using music therapy techniques (including singing, songwriting, therapeutic playlist making, music & imagery, and vocal psychotherapy) in order to support your own self care practices.
My pronouns are she/her/hers, and I am a 1.5 generation Filipina-American, a Californian, a New Yorker, a musician, an all-around creative, and a nature lover.
I've worked with adults & adolescents as a music teacher and as a music therapist for over 10 years in a multitude of settings. My work with adults, and older Asian American-identifying adults in inpatient psychiatric care has informed my ability to engage clients with empathy and compassion. Furthermore, I have also worked with adolescents and families in outpatient psychiatric care in order to provide care to not just the client, but with parents and their families through parent education.
- Nationally Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC) (www.cbmt.org) & Licensed to practice Creative Arts Therapy in New York State (LCAT).
- Masters in Music Therapy through New York University (www.nyu.edu/art-therapy), graduating as the recipient of the Samuel Eshborn Service Award (www.nyu.edu/awards) for collaborative work with the Art Therapy and Drama Therapy departments of NYU to produce "CAT Day", immersive Creative Arts Therapy workshops for NYU Students.
- I've recently had a chance to lecture at UC Berkeley (www.berkeley.edu), presenting "The Mood Playlist: Using Prerecorded Music for Emotional Regulation".
- Watch my work with children at the therapeutic preschool, HeartShare - "The Music in All of Us": www.heartshare.org/the-music-in-all-of-us
- My Linkedin Profile: www.linkedin.com/christine-nasol